Thursday, May 20, 2004

The saga continues.....

Well, things might be looking a little better with regard to the kids in the neighborhood.

I ran into "the girl who watches them" as I was leaving to run some errands yesterday. She told me she discussed things with the mom of the children yesterday, and said she'll be glad to stay home with the kids during the day (apparently they're already out of school), but that she intends to get a job (and pay half the household expenses) waitressing in the evenings. Apparently this elicited some further insults ("Oh, don't bother applying there... everyone there looks perfect, so they won't hire YOU. You should try someplace like Village Inn or Famous Amos."), but eventually they came to an agreement about it. There will be a babysitter to come in the afternoons, between when "C" leaves for work, and the mom comes home. And if "C" decides to work any day shifts, the kids will go to daycare.

*phew*

So then I ran into "C" again in the afternoon, and she said she's pretty sure she got a job, at a local restaurant/oyster bar. She was very excited. She then went on to tell me about how she's only been here for a few weeks, and doesn't know anyone, and the mom of the kids is single as well (I guess the men I've seen staying there are not the father/husband... just random men. Nice. Real nice.) so they're both looking to go out and meet men (she then asked me if I knew any tall skinny cowboys I could hook her up with).

But, even if their collective priorities are a little messed up, at least the kids will be under some form of adult supervision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home