Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Well, it ain't all bad....

Upon arriving to work, two of the girls in my department sang "Happy Birthday" to me... terribly off-key, but sweet nonetheless....

Then my Mom and Step-Dad confererence called me from their respective offices, and sang to me again. Then when I checked voicemail, there was another duet from them awaiting me....

Two girlfriends took me out for lunch today (Mongolian BBQ), where an attractive (though married) man hit on me after I tried to take the tongs away from him while picking out my veggies.... (he then also told my friend, when running into her over the veggie bar again, to tell me "ANYTIME! ANYWHERE!" Flattering, though a little weird, since he's a married man)....

One of my sales reps sent me a beautiful floral arrangement - peach roses, red carnations, yellow daisies, white daisies, yellow mums, lavender Gerber daisies, and some other small yellow flowers I can't identify (I think they're Mustard blossoms).... The roses SMELL amazing.... WOW!

Another friend emailed to say she's taking me out for a pint of Cider at my (second) favorite Irish pub tomorrow night....

And the boyfriend left me a sweet voicemail while I was at lunch. He knows work has been chaotic for me lately, so he wanted to brighten up my day (which he did)....

And to all of you who stopped by and left me "Happy Birthday" comments and emails, thank you, thank you, thank you. It's been a pretty damned good day afterall. And Jeff promised me it's going to get better tonight......

So, I'm outta here... Gonna go home and take a nice, long bubblebath, light some candles, and unwind for a bit before Jeff gets home.

Happy Birthday to ME!

Now playing: "Aqualung" - Jethro Tull

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home