Thursday, May 13, 2004

Oh happy day.....

Well, the day got better (as Jeff had promised me) once I got home...

By the time I left work yesterday, I was a weepy mess. My day at work had been SO hellish, I just wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. Jeff came home, changed into shorts, and really didn't do or say much of anything, but was trying to cheer me up. But he hadn't gotten me a card, or anything, so I was feeling sorry for myself.

Then he says he's got to run out for a bit, and for me to be dressed and ready for dinner by 7:30 when he got back. Baffled, I did as I was told... As I started primping, I was feeling better, realizing that he had not totally blown off my Birthday (I should have known better). When he came back to pick me up, he was all smiles and very complimentary (when I remarked about how nice he looked, he replied, "Only 'cus I'm with you." Awwwww......)

When we arrived at the restaurant (a local steakhouse that just opened down the road from his place), I noticed a couple friends of ours sitting at the bar. Thinking it merely coincidental, I taped Jeff on the shoulder so he'd notice them. He just laughed, and told me to go say "hi." When I did, they sang 'Happy birthday' to me, gave me a card and balloons, etc... and ordered me a shot of tequila. It wasn't until then that I realized this had been planned! Three more couples arrived shortly thereafter, and we had a fabulous evening.

And the "errand" Jeff had to dash out for? He went to pick up my birthday cake and deliver it to the restaurant, so they could bring it out after dinner.

So all's well that ends well.... I had a wonderful birthday party, and got to spend it with all of my closest friends.

And the best part? Jeff gave me a big Mickey Mouse birthday card, in which he wrote that he does NOT have to work this weekend (so we're off to see the House of Mouse!)

Yippeeeeee!!

Now playing: "This Love" - Maroon 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home