Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Ahhhhh......

I'm on vacation.

Mind you, I'm not basking in the sunshine on some tropical island. I'm not swaying in a hammock on the porch of some rustic mountain cabin. I'm not filling my mind with art and culture in a museum.

But I'm not at work.

Yipppeee!

I had a few vacation days I needed to use up, so I opted to take off Tuesday through Friday this week. Since I went to work on Monday, it feels more like playing hooky then actually being on vacation (and we all know that there's far more satisfaction in playing hooky).

Yesterday, Jeff had to go to work... when I called him to ask where he wanted to meet for lunch, he said, "Oh, hang tight. I'll be home in half an hour." Double yippeee! So he came home, we hopped on the bike (the weather has still been spectacular here - mid 80's, breezy, though a tad humid) and grabbed some lunch. After lunch, we headed home, with the intention of checking movie times. Then we both decided a nap was in order. So nap we did! Upon waking up (it was a long nap) we did indeed check the movie times, made a light dinner, and went to see "Troy."

(sidenote: "Troy" was excellent. Brad Pitt, though good looking, has never been very impressive to me as an actor, but this was an excellent role for him. However, he was not the true star, nor was the amazingly handsome Orlando Bloom. Eric Bana. Remember that name. He was brilliant, and I'm certain this role will open doors for him in the near future. And if it doesn't? Then Hollywood is run by a bunch of idiots).

Ahem... so where was I?

Oh yeah, so we caught a movie, then came home, played a little Xbox and went to bed.

All in all, an excellent day all around. Relaxing, fun, and completely unproductive. Just the way vacations should be.

So now Jeff is sleeping in (he's on vacation the rest of this week, and part of next week), snoring away. Me? I could have slept in, but I'd much rather enjoy a couple hours of peace and solitude. Watch some news, read a magazine, catch up on reading some blogs I've been neglecting...

Yup. Today's gonna be a good day, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home