Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Happy Hump Day

Hah, though it's been a about 2 months since I've had sex of any kind (make that 59 days... but who's counting), I've finally regained my sense of humor with regard to sexual innuendoes.

For weeks, I forbade my friends from joking about sex at all, or even from discussing their own sex lives. I think now it's been so long for me that I've forgotten what it's all about, and now look upon it merely as some distant memory.

So here it is only Wednesday, and it's been a helluva week.

Let's see.....

Sunday: spent a lovely afternoon with the girls. Met up with Sam at the Ale House, shared a few beers, then met up with Andrea and friends to see "The Notebook." OH MY GOD! I have to admit, I'm not much for chick flicks. Oh sure, a good romantic comedy is nice now and then, but the true, 2-hankie chick flicks? Nuh-uh. They do nothing for me. However, since I hadn't spent much time with the girls lately, I went along with the plan. And I'm SO glad I did.

While I don't want to give away anything of the plot, I will say that the entire theatre was BAWLING during certain scenes. The woman two seats over from me handed me a STACK of napkins to pass down the row. At times, you could hear the whole theatre sniffling in unison. Truly a beautiful story and great for an afternoon cry!

Tuesday: I had a young man (and I mean VERY young) at work express an interest in me today. Now, not that it matters, but it's still flattering to have someone let you know you've still got it. I did let him down easy, but I've also made a new friend in the process.

After work, however, my day got even MORE interesting. I have (or should say HAD) a very small tattoo on my lower back. So low, it's technically my upper-butt. Right at the base of my tailbone, I have a teensy-weensy red heart. For about two years now, I've wanted to add to it - I envisioned a small scrolling of tribal black vines beginning on either side of the heart, and coming to a point on either side. I wanted to keep it small, feminine and easy to obscure in normal clothing.

However, then I invited my friend Scott (no, not THAT Scott) from work to join me. More accurately, I begged him to go with me so I had a hand to hold as I screeched in agony. Now Scott's a freak. No other word to describe him - he's got some ink, some piercings, shaved head, goatee - the whole nine yards. Well, Scott was trying to convince me to go with something a little larger than I had initially wanted. He felt something that came up and wrapped around to the side would be better. I disagreed.

So we compromised and I wound up with a design about 8" wide, 2" high - bold, sensual black tribal scrolls, centered around the original small, red heart. It's beautiful. I absolutely love it. It's still femininine, but strong. Elegant, but powerful in it's statement. I could not be more pleased with it (except maybe if it hadn't HURT SO DAMNED MUCH!)

I'm certain I'll end up posting pics soon - once it's healed.

Wendesday: Around 11:00 a.m., one of the girls from the warehouse approached me with a cardboard box. In it, were three tiny kittens, eyes barely open, only about 3 to 4 weeks old. Their mother is a feral cat who lives in the woods behind the building, and when they had to move them (so they wouldn't get squished by a forklift) she refused to come near them.

The sucker that I am, I offered to find them all homes. But as the day wore on, and I realized how young and fragile they are, I knew that not just anyone would be able to take care of them properly.

So, I did manage to adopt one out to a woman who has had experience with abandoned, un-weaned kittens. But the other two? Well, they are presently asleep in a copier paper box in my bedroom. They're beautiful - both black, one with two small white patches on his tummy and blue eyes, the other with faint black-on-black tabby stripes, and lavender eyes. They are so small and so young, we can't even determine the gender yet (but I think the blue-eyed one is a boy, and the other, a girl).

And now my hands and upper chest are COVERED in tiny, paper-cut thin scratches. Those little guys just don't want to eat!! And they're so squirmy! But then they huddle up together in the box, and stare at you with those sad little faces. They melt your heart.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home