Saturday, July 24, 2004

Can I just go back to bed now?

It's been a rough morning.

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. On the dot. On a freakin' Saturday. Woke up congested, sinuses all irritated, and was WIDE awake... no going back to sleep. So I went downstairs and watched part of a fairly interesting movie ("The Swimming Pool" - I think it was a French film), then caught part of a "90210" re-run on FX, before finally attempting to go back to sleep at 7:30 a.m.

However, by 8:30, I was wide awake all over again (might have had something to do with that Diet Coke I drank at 6:45), so I gave up on sleep, and went to take a shower.

As I'm adjusting the temperature, I notice the shower is spraying toward the wall, so I go to adjust it and *snap* the shower head goes limp (yeah, yeah, I can hear the jokes already), and the water merely trickles out of it. Apparently the pipe snapped, but it's within the wall, back behind the tile.

Grrrrr.

Oh yeah, and meanwhile, my shower caddy came crashing down on my feet - shampoo, conditioner, shave gel, facial cleanser, razor, loofah, pumice stone - all on my toes. Not fun.

So I gather up the necessities and took a shower in my roommate's bathroom (she's out of town for the weekend). And now I'm debating whether to call her and ruin her weekend (she owns the house we live in) or wait until she comes home tomorrow night and tell her then. Either way, it's a conversation I'm not looking forward to.

Hopefully the rest of the day will go better... I have a nail appointment (and I am DEFINITELY indulging in the extended spa pedicure today), then I'm going with a friend to get some ink (completed) on my hiney, and then I'm heading to the driving range to continue with my golf lessons.


Now playing: "Breakfast in Bed" - Nicole Kea

I am in love with this song. I can't believe this girl was in that lame-assed girl/dance-pop group Eden's Crush, because she actually has a gorgeous voice!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home