Sunday, July 18, 2004

Weekend wrap-up

Sundays are my favorite days lately. Used to be Fridays, but now I cont down the weeks that Jeff has been gone (and therefore calculate how many weeks it is until he comes HOME) by way of Sundays.

Had a lovely weekend actually... a friend invited me over (as well as a few others) to grill out some butgers and smokes sausage Friday night. We sat around, ate excessively, and sipped Sangria. So, to return the favor, I had a couple friends over last night, and *gasp!* actually cooked for them! I made Spaghetti a la Carbonara, which I've not made in a couple years, and had to do so from memory. And it turned out FABULOUSLY!

Then today, I went with a friend to see "Singing in the Rain" (yes, the old Gene Kelly musical/romantic/comedy) at The Florida Theatre. It was part of their summer movie series, and I must say, there's something very special about sitting in a beautiful old theatre watching a classic musical like this one. I'm definitely going back in a couple weeks to catch "The Seven Year Itch."

And that's about it! No errands, no laundry, no house-cleaning... just a weekend of pure friends, fun and relaxation.

*sigh*

And now I have to prepare to actually go back to work tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home