Sunday, July 11, 2004

And speaking of "trust....."

I'm in a bit of a conundrum today. Actually, I don't even know if that's the right word. I guess maybe it's more that I'm feeling disenchanted. I'm a little confused and a lot hurt.

Without going into TOO much detail, I had a friend (a friend whom I'm considered very close to my heart) betray my trust yesterday, in a major way. And I hate that essentially this means I can no longer be friends with this person. Ya see, if I feel I can't trust someone, I can't possibly carry on any sort of relationship with them (romantic, friendship or otherwise). Trust is just such a HUGELY important factor for me in any friendship. And while I don't give my trust easily (or even willingly, sometimes), once you have it, it's yours unless you screw up royally.

The friend in question screwed up royally.

So, while I'm angry over the betrayal, I'm more hurt than anything. The loss of a good friend leaves a void that is very hard to fill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home