Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Generation Gap

I work with a couple of girls who are a bit younger than I am. By "a bit," I mean about 10 years. Most of the time, this isn't an issue, though we (the 'older' women) do pick on them from time to time.

And then there are times when something comes flying out of the 21-year-olds mouth that just causes me to shake my head in exasperation.

Today she's listening to the 80's radio station (she has a sister my age, so she likes much of the 80's music). She says, "Natasha, there's a song on, and the beginning of it sounds just like 'Ice Ice Baby,' but it's NOT!"

She was seriously distraught over this.

Without even hearing her radio, I knew it was in fact "Pressure" by David Bowie/Queen. To me, a classic. To her? A rip off of one of her all-time favorite songs.

I had to explain to her that it was in fact Vanilla Ice who stole the infamous introductory riff, and not the other way around. But she ain't buyin' it.

Ahhh, kids these days.

Now playing: "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home