Friday, April 09, 2004

A weird phenomenon.....

After going back to the Doctor the other day (and having about 3 gallons of blood drained from my arm for bloodwork), I realized something ... that was the second time in my life I've been hit on my a lab tech handling my bodily fluids. Second time!

About three years ago, when I went to one of those Lab Test places for my pre-employment drug screen, I was hit on by the "Specimen Collector" man. After I had donated, we were sitting across from each other at a table, my cup-o-urine sitting between us, filling out paperwork. And he did it... He examined my address on my Driver's License, and joked about not giving it back to me until next time I saw him, then suggested that be sometime outside of work (at least he was cognizant of the fact that urine is not conducive to a romantic date!). But I was floored! I was disgusted, and shocked! I mean, how desperate does a guy have to be to actually hit on a woman after collecting her pee? PRETTY DAMNED DESPERATE!

The weird part is, had I met this guy under other circumstances, I'd have probably liked him (initially anyway). He was about my age, good looking, and in his residency at a local hospital (apparently just moonlighting as the "Specimen Collector." Maybe there's good money in urine these days.) But under the circumstances, it was too "ewwwwww" for words. I snatched my license away from him, mumbled something about having a boyfriend, and left. Quickly.

So then the other day, the lab tech at my Doctor's office did nearly a repeat of this first incident. I'd seen him before, but never really spoke to him (I haven't been going to this Doctor for very long, so I think I've only seen him on two other occasions). So as I'm sitting in the little blood-letting chair, butterfly taped into the crook of my arm, feeling mildly nauseous from the needle (I despise needles), he starts flirting with me. BADLY. Like not just the cute, small talk, friendly stuff that can be blown off as benign and harmless. This guy was actually trying to be "smooth" as he sucked the blood from my body (and trust me, it wasn't in some sexy Vampire-like way).

Now I'm no super-model.... I get hit on fairly regularly in NORMAL situations, but I'm not so irresistible that men just can't HELP but fall for me as they collect liquids from my being. Chalk it up to just plain weirdness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home