Wednesday, April 07, 2004

101 Things you might not know about Nee... er... ME!

While I’ve yet to fully determine the direction of this Blog in the future, I do know (as I revealed yesterday) that it will be about ME. But just who am I? Hah, there’s a loaded question.

On another Blog, (Thank you Natalie; I’m going to borrow your concept), I saw something I thought was really entertaining, and I felt this would be a perfect manner in which to introduce myself. So here begins “101 Things about Nee.”

1. I’m stubborn.
2. I have oft been accused of being a human cartoon character, due to the fact that I actually use words like, “Eeek,” “tee hee,” and “whhhhhhheeeeeee,” in daily speech.
3. I’m hopelessly addicted to cosmetics.
4. I’m also hopelessly addicted to shoes and handbags.
5. I’ve run out of room for ALL of these things.
6. My favorite perfume is Must de Cartier.
7. I still have the baby blanket and stuffed lion (“Gopa” from Living Free) which I received as an infant.
8. I love to take random photos of people and places, yet I am a terrible photographer.
9. I’m in love.
10. I love being in love.
11. I am one of the only people I know who reached age 30 without having any children.
12. I desperately (well, not desperately) want to have children. Soon.
13. Music inspires me.
14. Nature inspires me.
15. Love inspires me.
16. All of this leads me to believe I am much more of a romantic than I may like to admit.
17. Growing up, I wanted to be an architect. I would spend hours at my drawing board, creating my dream house on 8-1/2” x 11” graph paper.
18. As I got a bit older, I decided I wanted to be an actress. However, at that gawky age, I had horrid stage fright, so I quickly dispensed with that idea.
19. I love flowers. I keep fresh flowers in a vase in my kitchen as often as possible.
20. I have a massive collection of 80’s music. The cheesier, the better.
21. I was once married, for 5 years. I am now close friends with my Ex-husband.
22. One day I plan on going back to college to finally get that silly little piece of paper.
23. If I were to win the lottery, I would quit my job, go to school to study marine biology, and get a job (any job) at Sea World.
24. I never play the lottery.
25. It’s really difficult to win the lottery when you never buy tickets.
26. I just don’t understand why those Lottery folks can’t just knock on my door one day (like Ed McMahon) and tell me, “Nee, you’re such a wonderful, deserving person, and we know how much you’d like to win the lottery, so we’ve decided to just give the $58M jackpot to you.”
27. No, I don’t do drugs.
28. I love beer. But I’m picky about it.
29. I’m an excellent driver.
30. I’m a horrible parker.
31. To this day, I am amazed I passed my driver’s license exam. The parallel parking segment should have failed me.
32. I enjoy math.
33. I enjoy Physics.
34. I understand neither.
35. If my knowledge of the Bible was better, I would kick ass on Jeopardy.
36. I’m a nerd at heart.
37. It’s really kind of hard to think of 100 factoids about one’s self before I’ve had my daily caffeine requirements.
38. I don’t have blood coursing through my veins; if you were to cut me, I’d bleed Diet Coke.
39. I don’t drink Diet Coke because it’s ‘diet.’ I drink it for the taste.
40. I give money to beggars. Sometimes.
41. I hate racism, sexism and discrimination of any kind.
42. I’m not religious per se, but I do believe in G_d. Without question.
43. But I do not believe in the concept of hell.
44. I believe that evil exists on earth, and not on some subterranean plane.
45. I’m always attracted to the ‘bad boy’ type – shaved head, goatee, earings, tattoos.
46. I am in love with the All American Boy – clean cut, no tats, no piercings, all-sport jock type.
47. My guilty pleasure is reality TV. I find sick humor in shows like The Bachelor and Average Joe.
48. Nine times out of ten, I disagree with the final choice the contestant makes.
49. I’m terribly argumentative.
50. I am fiercely protective of my friends and family.
51. My Mom is my best friend.
52. My Grandmother is one of the strongest women I know.
53. I am a direct descendant of Lucretia Mott.
54. This explains #1 and #49.
55. I would love to retire to Catalina Island, off Southern California.
56. I know this is not everyone’s ideal retirement destination, but to me, it’s just far enough from the mainland without feeling isolated.
57. I love animals of every kind.
58. Except slugs.
59. And centipedes.
60. And fuzzy spiders.
61. And slimy worms.
62. I want a motorcycle.
63. My Mom would FREAK if I got one.
64. I’m a pervert.
65. I get carded 90% of the time.
66. I’m nearly 32.
67. I have my Mom to thank for getting on me about using sunscreen.
68. I have two tattoos.
69. I have two piercings (other than my ears – I have 5 of those).
70. My Mom knows about one of each of them.
71. I’ll never tell her about the others.
72. I’m not telling you, either.
73. You really cannot judge a book by its cover.
74. I don’t read nearly enough.
75. My “to-do” list is ever-growing, and yet I never seem to be able to check anything off of it.
76. I loathe people who cheat on their spouse/wife/husband/significant other.
77. Honesty, loyalty and love are what I value most.
78. I consider myself very lucky to have found these qualities in someone who is also on of my best friends.
79. As much as I complain about Florida, I finally feel that I have established roots here.
80. I would rather have a handful of really amazing friends, than droves of ‘ok’ friends.
81. I have a handful of really amazing friends.
82. I was a drama queen as a child.
83. I’m still just as dramatic as an adult.
84. My Mom said that when she chose my first and middle name, she considered how dramatic/exotic they sounded together, and figured if I ever went into theatre, I could simply drop my last name.
85. My Mom married my father so that if I grew up and wanted to become President, I could.
86. She apparently had much larger aspirations for me than I had for myself.
87. Much as I complain about it, I love my job.
88. Some people are a natural for sales; I am one of them.
89. I can talk to anyone, anywhere at any time, about nearly anything.
90. I keep my toes polished at least 363 days per year.
91. I am an amazing cook.
92. I eat out way too often.
93. I am a morning person.
94. I can’t seem to buy/keep/burn enough candles. Too many is not enough.
95. I have hideously expensive taste.
96. People have described me as bitchy, mean, harsh, materialistic and shallow.
97. These people don’t know me. At all.
98. Though I can be bitchy.
99. In all honesty, I can describe myself as sweet-natured, genuine, loyal, honest and warm.
100. And let’s not forget cute.
101. Oh yeah, and referring back to #2? "Dot" from Animaniacs is my idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home