Tuesday, April 06, 2004

So now I've had this "Blog" thing for nearly six months now... And yet I have YET to do anything with us. At the time that I began this, I envisioned it as a place for me to vent about my romantic frustrations (apparently I was experiencing a lot of frustration at that time in my life). Funny how so much can change in so little time.

Fast forward to today, and I'm 100% (well, maybe 99%) free of romantic issues, and am sailing along happily. So then what, pray tell, am I to Blog about? I have about a half-dozen blogs that I read with any consistency, and I'm happy to report they are from a wide variety of writers - married, single, straight, gay, Democrat and Republican. From this vast array of talented folks, I had hoped to gain some inspiration as to the "direction" for my own Blog. But I have yet to glean the insight I had hoped to.

You see, I'm not a terribly politically minded person. Yes, I watch the news. Yes, I do care about who's running this country. But it's just not something I feel strongly enough about to dedicate myself to write about it on a daily basis.

On top of that, I'm single. Not married, no children. And my family is spread far and wide around the U.S. (and overseas), so I'm short on amusing anecdotes about what my youngest did in kindergarten, or tales about my husband's new promotion.

And while I do love to read, and my life would be incomplete without film and music, my taste is so (dare I say it) schizophrenic that I would frighten anyone were I to write about my latest finds. They would surely call the internet police and have me committed to a bland little table somewhere.

Well then, what's left to write about? Um, why ME of course!!

So there you have it. This Blog will be about me. Alert the media, stop the presses, I'm gonna write about myself. How very self-absorbed and narcissistic that sounds! (I love it!) Here you will read about my latest adventures, read countless tales of how much I love and adore my boyfriend, how much I miss my Mom and Grandmother, and how frustrated I am with this place called "Work."

Wish me luck... It should be an interesting journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home