Thursday, April 08, 2004

Should you remain friends with Exes?

I'm famous for this. I have a really hard time staying angry at people (unless they cheated on me, or proceeded to stalk me following the breakup... in which case, I hope they rot in hell). So when I break up with someone, and I utter those words that always come tumbling out ("I hope we can still be friends") I actually mean it.

I've been pretty successful at it. I consider my ex-husband to be truly one of my best friends on earth; we live far, far away from each other, but have visited each other a couple times. And a recent ex-boyfriend and I speak almost daily (his choice, not really mind)...in fact, he invited me to his wedding last weekend (though to me, that was even a little too weird). There are others whom I don't really care to remain friends with, but because I'm polite, I still (usually) take their calls when they pop up out of nowhere after 6 months or so. (The funny part is my boyfriend asks why I still keep them programmed into my cell - he doesn't understand it's so I can easily hit "ignore" and send them to voicemail when I see who it is!)

Anyway, it was with great amusement that I ran across this article on MSN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home