Friday, June 04, 2004

TOO MUCH CIDER!

Jeff leaves Monday. That's three days away. I'm still not dealing with this well. In fact, the stress/anxiety over it is causing me to not sleep, not eat, and drink just a WEE bit too much. (Okay, maybe more than a "wee bit.") However, this diet of Beer and Diet Coke seems to be working for me - I've lost about 7 lbs in the last week (and apparently it shows, as my dear friend Sam slapped my ass and remarked about it seeming "less voluptuous" last night as we were walking into a restaurant!)

Last night we were supposed to go to Bike Night (since it would be Jeff's last one ofr a while), but the weather had other ideas. Just as I was leaving work, the sky opened up, and we had torrential downpours for about two hours. Granted, we NEED the rain, but it's not conducive to motorcycle riding. Nuh uh. Not at all.

So our friends Sam and Roy (the newlyweds) asked if we wanted to head up to the Ale House to grab some dinner, and throw back a few pints of cider. Heh, gee, twist MY arm. We had a blast. We always have so much fun hanging out with them... they filled us in on the details of their honeymoon (which as we expected, was perfect).

It's funny... as friends, we compliment each other well - Sam and I are identical in personality (we're both very outgoing, talkative and goofy), while Jeff and Roy are also very similar (a bit more subdued, quiet, sometimes shy, and very, very nice). When we go out, Sam and I are typically being boisterous and silly, while the guys just sit back and watch the show.

It was just a fun night all around. I really think they're going to miss Jeff almost as much as I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home