Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Big Dick Meme

Well, I was in need of some lighthearted fun, and seeing as it's been DAYS (sheesh, at least 5 or 6) since I've done a meme, I figured, "What the hell, let's steal this one from Dick!"

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

Oh my word, no. I barely have any pictures of myself linked to my blog, not to mention the fact that my readership is... well... pretty damned small. So if someone recognized me at the grocery store, I'd be freaked out.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
Nope, not in the least. I don't post photos to try to impress anyone or get a date, but merely to put a face to the words.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?

I suppose I've been lucky to have avoided emails from creeps or dorks. However, I have gotten several nice/complimentary ones, which I enjoy (and do respond to).

4. Do you lie in your blog?
Nope. Much like the photoshop picture question, I'm not doing this to impress anyone. This is purely an outlet for me, a place to rant. No need to make anything up.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

Errr, no. Weird question, though.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

Bwwa hah hah hah ha. I don't think many people would even notice if I stopped.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

Nope. Nope. Not applicable.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

No, but then I don't recall any truly "mean" comments. The only comments I've ever deleted were when I got some random comments from a troll, talking about his penis. And another time when two readers got into a debate that turned not-too-friendly.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
Only once. Not during, but after. I ran across a blog that had some erotic tales on it (touted as non-fiction, but I think it was, for the most part, all fiction), and it was quite... um... enlightening.

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
Probably just the same. If they like me now, they'd like me in person, as I write exactly the way I speak.

11. Do you have a job?
Yes, I'm in sales.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

Oh hell yeah. Why not?

13. Which blogger(s) do you want to meet in real life?

Ahem, in NO PARTICULAR ORDER....
Dogman
James
David
Dick
Rae
Sarah
Natalie
Serenity

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?

Only Matt. But it's okay, we were married.

And I've also hugged Scott.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
Um, neither.

16. Does your family read your blog?
Oh hell no. If they did, how on earth could I vent about them?

17. How old is your blog?
Technically, about 8 months. But I've only been actually making a habit of blogging for two months.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
Oh good GOD no. Hell, I think I only passed 1000 hits TOTAL about a week ago!

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?

No, but I've contemplated doing an alter-ego blog. I used to write quite a bit of erotica, and after reading that blog of tawdry tales, I thought it might be fun to start one up solely for that purpose.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?

Um, no. (another weird question).

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
Wait, wait, wait... you mean there are people actually getting PAID for this? How do I sign up for that gig?

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
Probably just a little. We all come here to write about our own thoughts and opinions, under the assumption that someone else out there will find it interesting to read.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?

No, not actually. But I do feel 'backed up' so-to-speak. When I go for a few days without posting, I feel like I've got a million things to say, but not sure how to spit it all out.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
Yes, love him. And Jason Mraz, and Edwin McCain. Yes, I adore all those sappy, guitar-toting singer-songwriter types. Wanna make something of it?

25. Do you have enemies?
Does my boyfriend's mother count?

26. Are you lonely?
No, but some Monday, I will be. Very.

27. Why bother?

Uh yeah..... ok, thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home