Sunday, May 23, 2004

Peel me like an onion....

As I commented on another blog, I keep running across this lil "The Nine Layers of Me" (heh) meme. I've attempted no less than 4 times to complete it. Really. But it's just so damned long!

However, seeing as James isn't real keen on allowing others to learn about him, and yet HE managed to complete it, I felt I might as well just bite the bullet and DO IT.

So here goes....

LAYER ONE:
-- Name: Natasha
-- Birth date: May 12th
-- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
-- Current Location: Jacksonville, Florida
-- Eye Color: Hazel/Green/Gold (change, depending on my mood)
-- Hair Color: Dark brown with TEENY WEENSY copper highlights
-- Height: 5'8"
-- Righty or Lefty: Ambidextrous. I write left-handed, and perform all FINE motor skills with my left, but play sports as a Righty. Apparently I get this from my Mom
-- Zodiac Sign: Taurus (can'tcha tell?)

LAYER TWO:
-- Your heritage: Romanian-English (Mom's side) and Mexican-German (Dad's side)
-- The shoes you wore today: Tan suede flip flops with turquoise and coral beads, and pookah shells
-- Your weakness: Shoes, perfume, handbags and good imported beer
-- Your fears: These change, but primarily I fear something horrible happening to a loved one, and me not having an opportunity to tell them how much I love and appreciate them before they're gone
-- Your perfect pizza: "Vincent Gardenia" from Rocky's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Atlanta (olive oil, lots of cheese, fresh basil leaves and roma tomatoes)
-- Goal you'd like to achieve: A perfect balance between a successful career and a happy, harmonious family

LAYER THREE:
-- Your most overused phrase on AIM: I never AIM
-- Your first waking thoughts: Do I really have to go to work today?
-- Your best physical feature: Um, this time of year, "the girls" are more on display, so I get a lot of leers/compliments on them. But aside from that, my eyes (I was once told I could be an eyeglass model).
-- Your most missed memory: Having my parents living a mere 15 minutes away from me when I was in Atlanta. I didn't even see them nearly as often as I should have, but I always knew they were there if I needed them

LAYER FOUR:
-- Pepsi or Coke: DIET Coke.
-- McDonald's or Burger King: Errr. It's a lose-lose situation either way, but I'll go with McDonald's
-- Single or group dates: Single
-- Adidas or Nike: Nike for walking/running/casual shoes, Adidas for my softball cleats
-- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton. All the way, baby.
-- Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla.
-- Cappuccino or coffee: Neither. Venti Latte. No sugar.

LAYER FIVE:
-- Smoke: No.
-- Cuss: NEVAH! (Phhhfft... um, yeah, especially in traffic)
-- Sing: ALL the time, especially alone in the car, but sometimes even at my desk at work
-- Take a shower everyday: At least once a day, sometimes twice.
-- Do you think you've been in love: Yes, definitely. At this very moment.
-- Want to go to college: I did. But didn't complete it. Hope to one day soon.
-- Liked high school: No, I hated it. I made some amazing friends, and they are the only reason I dragged myself to that hellhole every day. It sucked. Royally.
-- Want to get married: Yes, definitely.
-- Believe in yourself: Usually. Sometimes a little TOO much for my own good, other times, not enough. So it all balances out I suppose.
-- Get motion sickness: Only on the "tilt o whirl" at the carnival. *ick!*
-- Think you're attractive: I think I'm pretty cute overall, and have some attractive features, but I don't consider myself a supermodel by any stretch.
-- Think you're a health freak: Um, next question please?
-- Get along with your parent(s): Yes, very well.
-- Like thunderstorms: If I am at home, lights out, music on, snuggled in bed, very much so. If I'm driving? Fuggetaboutit.
-- Play an instrument: I took piano lessons for 8 years as a child/pre-teen, then got all rebellious and quit. I still regret that decision. I also played flute for a year, and violin for a year, both in grade-school.

LAYER SIX: In the past month...
-- Drank alcohol: Does today count?
-- Smoked: No
-- Done a drug: No
-- Made Out: Oh HELL yeah
-- Gone on a date: Yes
-- Gone to the mall?: Yes
-- Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: Ewww. That makes me nauseous just thinking about it
-- Eaten sushi: No (but now I'm craving it)
-- Been on stage: Um, does dancing with a go-go dancer at a club on an elevated platform count? In that case, NO, it wasn't ME. I swear. And you can't prove it!
-- Been dumped: No
-- Gone skating: Wow. No. Not in years.
-- Made homemade cookies: No. I only bake in winter.
-- Gone skinny dipping: Yes.
-- Dyed your hair: Nope.
-- Stolen Anything: Aside from the hearts of millions? Oh... you meant seriously? Er, no.

LAYER SEVEN: Ever...
-- Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes
-- If so, was it mixed company: Well DUH.
-- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Oh yeah. More times than I care to admit.
-- Been caught "doing something": Masturbating?? Having sex? Need clarification here before I incriminate myself too badly.
-- Been called a tease: OH yeah. And proud of it.
-- Gotten beaten up: No.
-- Shoplifted: A pack of Zebrastripe gum from Woolworth's.
-- Changed who you were to fit in: I'm sure I have. We all do in some way, but probably moreso in high school than at any other point.

LAYER EIGHT:
-- Age you hope to be married: I've already been there once, so I'm in no huge hurry to do it again. But theoretically, by age 34.
-- Numbers and Names of Children: Ideally, two. But the older I get, the more I'm thinking one might be more practical. For a girl? Thomasina or Tabitha. For a boy? I think I'd let Jeff (if he's the one I end up spawning with) choose the name. But I would like a son's middle name to be Achilles, after my Grandfather.
-- Describe your Dream Wedding: Seeing as I was just at the perfect wedding yesterday, this has been on my mind. I think something involving the sea, either on a beach, or on a sailboat, with just immediate friends and family there. Sunset, late summer/early fall, and barefoot.
-- How do you want to die: Peacefully.
-- What do you want to be when you grow up: A dolphin trainer at Sea World. Or a really wonderful mother.
-- What country would you most like to visit: Italy.

LAYER NINE:
-- Number of drugs taken illegally: One.
-- Number of people I could trust with my life: 4.
-- Number of CDs that I own: No clue. A lot, but not enough.
-- Number of piercings: 3 in left ear, 2 in right ear, 1 in navel, 1 in left nipple
-- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: Um, not many. I do recall winning some poster contest in the 6th grade, encouraging energy conservation.
-- Number of scars on my body: Lotsa little ones.
-- Number of things in my past that I regret: Um, initial answer? Tons. Thought-out answer? Not many. The decisions we make shape who we are today, and overall I am happy with the person I have become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home