Wednesday, June 02, 2004

More emotional exhaustion.....

Months ago, Jeff and I began discussing the idea of my visiting his son from time to time (whatever we could get his Ex to agree to), to get pictures of him, have him draw and write things for Jeff so I could send them to him, and to take him down to visit Jeff's parents.

Well, Jeff approached his Dad with the idea on Sunday. Dad was warm to it, but said Jeff needed to run it by his mother. At some point yesterday, he mentioned the idea to her. And (as you can guess) it was met with strong objection. She insisted she didn't need a "go between" and would make arrangements to have Brandon for 10 days during July (however, this would be their ONLY visit during the 6-month period).

Then the idea of Jeff parent's coming up to see him off next Monday (when he leaves on cruise) came up. I had already intended to be there, and had also brought up the idea of bringing his son with me (which thrilled Jeff). His Mom had the same idea.

Since Jeff had to go to work this evening, I agreed to drive north and meet up with his Ex-wife to drop off Brandon, as well as to give her all of the clothes we have for him, some toys, etc.... Knowing Jeff had spoken to her before I got there, I knew she was already up-to-speed on what his Mom was planning. However, the Ex-wife told me (in no uncertain terms) that "there is no way I'm letting that crazed woman see my Son!" She said she'd gladly release him to me, but not to Jeff's mother.

So now I'm in this position where I could do the nice thing, and meet up with the Mom, allowing Brandon to ride out to the boat with them. However, in doing so, while I MIGHT make points with the Mom (doubtful, but possible), I run the risk of losing any trust from the Ex-wife. In truth, while I don't much care for the Ex-wife either, I've only got 11 more years to deal with her, and anything I can do to make the process smoother, I am all for it.

My other option is to pick up Brandon, and let him ride out there with me, thereby forcing the Mom to be kind/speak to me in order to see her Grandson.

Tough choice.

Jeff is fine with the Ex's decision. I think he's also at his wit's end with his own mother, but realizes there just isn't anything he can do about her.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home