Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Men are such simple creatures....

Warning: THIS POST MAY TEETER ON THE VERGE OF TOO MUCH INFO. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now, up to this point, I've spared you, my dear reader, from the details of my *ahem* sexlife. I figure you just don't really care to hear that stuff right? Now, I don't intend to make a habit of crossing that line (especially since Jeff is about to leave, and I will HAVE no sexlife for six months). But I have a cute anecdote to share:

I have this swiumsuit I bought back in April. It's a halter "tankini" style - dark blue top with white top-stitching, with navy/white floral boyshort bottoms. Cute, comfy, fits great. I actually bought it without trying it on, and was shocked at how well it fits. The one problem, however, is that the top was apparently engineered for someone with... well... not much up top. So it makes me appear a bit abundant in the cleavage department.

But back to the story....

Saturday night, after dinner with the (future) Mother-in-Law-from-Hell, Jeff's little brother and nephew came back with us to hang out with Jeff's son. With the boys taking command of the living room, we decided to stay out of their hair, and head to bed early. We snuck into the kitchen, grabbed a couple beers, some chips and salsa, and retreated to the bedroom, for a little slumber party of our own.

After checking on the kids, seeing that they were happily occupied playing "Simpsons Road Rage," we tiptoed back to our room, locking the door behind us. It was then that Jeff whispered to me one of the cutest lines ever. "Um, honey... do you think that bathing suit is dry yet?" (I had work it out for a swim earlier in the day). I sat up and looked at him, trying to stifle a giggle. I replied, "Um, yes, I think it is. Would you like me to go put it on?" His eyes lit up like Christmas trees, as he nodded an enthusiastic "YES!"

Of course, it goes without saying, that I fulfilled his request, but I am still just tickled that he finds so much excitement in a silly little bathing suit! As I remarked to him later, with all the lingerie, nighties, corsets, and babydolls I have hanging in the closet, it's the swimsuit he requests!!

Men are such an amusing species. So easily pleased.

Not that I'm complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home