Friday, June 04, 2004

The dearly departed

I experienced a sad, sad loss last night. My favorite bra, Buffy, passed away last night.

It's my own fault, really. I knew better than to toss her in the washer, then cruelly bake her in the dryer. But I did it anyway. Time and time again, she rinsed, she spun, she tumbled. And yet, she came through it like a trooper, each and every time. She was always there to support me.

Buffy was a plain-Jane. She was often pushed aside for younger, prettier models. But still, she toughed it out. She was loyal, and patient, because she always knew I would come crawling back to her at some point. She and I were comfortable together. Our relationship was seamless. I will miss her dearly.

But finally, the abuse became too much for her, and, battered and broken, she gave up. She simply could not take it any longer. She cracked under pressure.

Good bye, dear Buffy. And thank you for your years of service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home