Thursday, April 22, 2004

And speaking of praying....

I did something new last night - I went to Church.

I've been speaking with a close friend about all the drama/trauma I'm going through. She also knows everything I've been going through and has been a wonderful shoulder to cry on, offering comfort more than advice. So she suggested that I attend service with her, in hopes that I might gain some clarity. And while my own issues have not yet become clearer, it did put things in perspective for me.

At the end of the service, everyone selected a 'prayer request' that had been left by another church-member on the previous Sunday. And upon reading the request I chose, and reading the one my friend had picked up, I realized how petty and insignificant my own troubles are. Sure, they seem all-consuming to me NOW, but I know, looking back a year from now, it'll all seem so very silly.


Now playing:Another Foo Fighters track. Can't recall the name of the song. Still amused to hear Taylor on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home