Monday, May 03, 2004

Drive-By Commenters....

I've noticed a new 'thing' lately in the comments on my Blog - Drive-by commenters. People (or person) who have obviously not read a word of the post they are commenting on, but proceed to leave odd, off-topic and frequently obscene comments. I mean, obviously I'm not easily offended by graphic language, but sheesh, at least make it something relevant to the post!

I had one such graffiti artist attach his *ahem* colorful language to a slew of my posts one night last week. I promptly went and deleted them. And then this morning I had a new one, peppering my blog with a couple more odd comments(well, based on the content, it was the same one, only this time he/she didn't have the cajones to even leave their e-mail address).

Has anyone else had this happen? Is deleting (and subsequently blocking their IP address via HaloScan) the correct/best method to rid myself of this annoyance?

Weird. Very weird. Makes ya wonder if these people just sit on Blogger's home page waiting for newly edited Blogs to pop up.

Now playing: "Tonight's the night" - Rod Stewart

Wow. I can remember being in about the 4th grade when this CD... er... CASSETTE came out, and thinking this song was SO raunchy! We've come a long way since then (or have we?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home