Thursday, April 29, 2004

Reality bites

I've had a sobering week. The countdown to my 32nd birthday is upon us... In 13 days, I will be 32. To paraphrase Jessica Simpson, 32 is old, cus it's almost 35, which is almost my mid-30's.

To add to my feeling old, I learned the other day that my Mom has just gone through mental... er... menopause. Poof. Just like that. Why should this bother me you ask? Well, my Mom is young. Very young. Certainly not old enough to have a daughter who is about to turn 32. In truth, I guess I've always thought of her more like a sister or a friend, like we've grown up together. So for her to have reached the end of her "breeding" years frightens me. It means my clock is now ticking louder. It means my breeding years are coming to an end soon, too.

Apparently, this is upsetting me more than I realize, and is causing me to be a bit.. ahem... crabby. However, when (upon his inquiry) I attempted to explain this to Jeff, he just didn't understand (obviously I left out the bit about my biological clock ticking at 900 dB... no need to scare the poor lad). His response was basically a shrug, and a remark about his own mother's menopausal psychosis.

*sigh*

Now playing: "L.A. Woman" - The Doors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home