Monday, April 12, 2004

Bad luck?

Is it bad luck to covet a wedding dress when one isn't even engaged?

A girlfriend is getting married late next month, so Friday I went to David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaid dress. I went in, tried it on, and was giddy with glee - it fit, PERFECTLY. I was amazed. It's a 2 piece, apple red, a halter top with beading around the top, and an ankle length pencil skirt (I was concerned, being blessed with a J.Lo booty, that the skirt would not fit, but it does!)

So as I'm leaving the shop, in this giddy, giggly mood, I see this gown. I was in awe. I was nearly moved to tears. It was the single most perfect, spectacular, beautiful gown I have ever seen. It's simple, yet detailed, elegant yet whimsical. It's the perfect balance of classic beauty and modern whimsy.

Here's the rub - I'm not engaged! Oh sure, we've discussed marriage, and it is something we intend to do - SOME DAY. But not just yet. Too many things up in the air right now to go down that road.

But here's my concern: since it's bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding day, is it bad luck for the (future) bride to see the dress before the engagement day? Am I jinxing myself by lusting after this gown that I may never even get the opportunity to wear?

*sigh*

At least I resisted the temptation to try it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home