Thursday, April 15, 2004

Rush hour grooming....

So this morning, I'm cruising into work. I travel a fairly busy main thoroughfare in an over-populated area of town, so I've seen many interesting grooming habits of other drivers along the way.

However, this morning I saw something new. I'm stopped at a light, humming along to music (this morning's selection was "Believe" by Disturbed); I glance over into the green Taurus next to me (having noticed the rather erratic movements of the driver; he was having trouble maintaining his lane, but it was too early for him to be drunk!). And what do I see? A middle-aged man with a Q-tip buried 3/4's of the way into his skull. I mean, he wasn't merely drying out the water from his morning shower. This guy was digging for buried treasure. He did catch me staring, but seemed unphased, or even the least bit embarrassed.

Later I was struck by a thought that made my stomach turn: where was he putting the used Q-tips once he was through? I've seen people toss cups, hamburger wrappers, cigarette butts and even beer bottles from moving vehicles. But can you imagine driving along and having a soiled cotton swab sail past your open window?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home